Wednesday, July 19, 2006

What's up?


Does anyone know what's going on in the world? Should I listen to talk radio? CBS? FOX? The New York Times? NPR? Move-On.org? That crazy guy selling grapes on the side of the road while wearing the t-shirt that says Britney Spears knows who really shot JFK!

Floyd Landis is winning the Tour De France and I'm not that interested. I'm told that makes me ethnocentric (to not like a sport that's really, really popular in other parts of the world....so if you don't like that sport...you're ethnocentric? really? what if you just happen to think the sport is kind of boring?)

Israeli troops clashed with Hezbollah guerrillas on the Lebanese side of the border Wednesday...and that can't be good. Should I pick a side or would that be America sticking it's nose into other people's business? Who appointed us the police of the world, right?

Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock are going to fill the void left now that Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro have announced that they're ending their -former playmate/musician marriage.

Still in the news - The Bengals still have never won the Super Bowl. Some things just never change...

11 comments:

  1. that israel/hezbollah/lebanon thing seemed almost to come out of nowhere... scary...

    google news continues to be one of my favorite news sources (especially for global stories)...

    did you hear about dane cook and jessica simpson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the most reputable sources for my news ~ and it's time efficient..just page thru the rags at the check-out line at the grocery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:27 AM

    I am trying to figure out the world news stuff too, kind of scary. I need it explaned to me in a war for dummies way.
    In the mean time, I am wondering how quickly the first lawsuit will pop up from the cruise ship that titled 30' and knocked everybody on their can and made them think of Leo Di.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amen Murph. amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know, i was tracking all the way to the last paragraph. i immediately thought of all the things fuller will probably say.

    i go the route of NPR. it's fairly liberal, yet it does a pretty good job of intervieiwing from both sides.

    is it fair to call me ethnocentric when i live in a country that likes nascar and i don't? i also don't like soccer, bicycle races, and i'll even admit that i'm not a fan of basketball. too many chumps in basketball trying to be too flashy for the sport. i don't care if you can score 81 points in a game, it just shows me that you're not a team player and the sport is too uneven.

    i do however prefer ice hockey, a sport that originated outside this country. so i guess that removes my ethnocentricity? who the crap knows...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you Grizz...do you think Fuller's replies are getting predictable?

    my prediction-
    Fuller: Typical Steeler's fan celebrating the fact that they won a much disputed Super Bowl after taking a cheap shot at the greatest quarterback of all time just to get there. As I sleep under Carson's shirtless poster each night I fight the demons as they continuously replay the horrific scene of my little Carsy (that's what I call him) getting his knee mangled. Cursed Steelers and their 5 Super Bowls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:04 PM

    Sounds like you are getting pretty good at the Fuller way, Murph. Have you ever met our Dad?

    Oh and just to stick with my roots...STEELERS SUCK AND PLAY DIRTY FOOTBALL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I kick puppies in front of little children just to watch them cry.

    Weren't expecting that, were you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. no, that's about right...
    where's the big kickball game tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lunken...come watch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. israel is fighting lebanon? since when was israel a country?

    sincerely,
    1945

    (a little Romeism for you)

    seriously, don't forget the most important world news of all. The Detroit Tigers STILL lead the majors!

    ReplyDelete