Monday, July 17, 2006

rewind


I hate to say this - but I really like Adam Sandler's new movie Click. Steve Buscemi and those two other guys that are in every Adam Sandler movie....and only in Adam Sandler movies weren't in this one. Frodo is the new guy that's in every one of his movies now I guess.

Anyhow, Sandler still can't act. His jokes still revolve around him yelling and then making poop noises. Having said that, this movie really was interesting.

I used to daydream about what it would be like to go back to when I was a kid. I wondered how I'd live my life over knowing what I know now. I wonder what it'd be like to be in sports having coached for over a decade. I wonder how I'd treat my friends knowing now how goofy the teen peer pressure thing is....and how easily manipulated it could be. It would be interesting to have conversations with adults, as a twelve year old, and not have them be able to keep up.

Ultimately you can't go back...and I wouldn't want to. I look at my two kids in diapers and wonder how frustrating it would be to have to have someone notice when I was carrying around a pound of human waste. I wonder how frustrating it must be to not be able to communicate. I wonder how much it bugs Griffin (age 5) to have to ask when he can go out and play and when he can eat, sleep and watch tv.
That would drive me nuts.

As cool as it would be to know more than my teachers (in some cases) I think it'd be annoying to have my opinions summarily discounted because I was seven.

None of this really has anything to do with Click. His deal is more about fast forwarding through the rough times. By doing that, he misses out on life...and really living.

I wonder how much of life I miss out on by skipping by the great challenges? How different would my life be, going forward - if I embraced the challenges and dove straight into them, and took some greater risks...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:13 PM

    The one guy who is in all of his movies is in this one - he plays the king or whatever it was they called him who was building a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...GREAT last paragraph!

    You can go ahead and consider it stolen. I mean BORROWED!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete