Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Happy Fifth of May!

Today is the day we celebrate war and the Mexican's hatred of the French....or something like that?
 
All I know is its half priced Tequila at Stop n' go and somebody has a coupon!  O.K., that's not necessarily true either.  I'm really not totally sure why Cinco De Mayo is a thing, but I also wonder why we celebrate the 4th of July, but we don't talk much about Independence Day.  Oh sure, we watch the movie and celebrate with Will Smith and a cigar at the end...but we still call it the fourth.
 
I wonder why we don't call Christmas the 25th of December?  Or Valentine's Day the whatever day of February?  Seems like we should get consistent with our days.
 
However you celebrate, I hope you have a wonderful 2 for Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. This May 5, 2009, marks 8 years married for my wife and I.

    ReplyDelete