Monday, July 09, 2007

you're #1


Roger Federer just won more Wimbledon’s in a row as anyone not named Bjorn Borg. He’s the #1 tennis player in the world. He’s arguably the greatest tennis player of all time…and un-arguably one of the 4 best players of all time.

At his funeral they’ll say, “he was a great tennis player and an even greater person”

At various points in his life he’ll say, “the greatest moment of my life wasn’t on a tennis court…it was watching the birth of my child” or “my wedding day” or “when my sister came out of surgery” – because even though he’ll be on TV, make a ton of money, meet a lot of famous people….it’s just tennis. Being a great friend/person/son/father is a far greater title than #1 player in the world.

some things are more important…

and the cool thing is that we all get a chance to live out those things that are more important…
today

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Good post, Sean. That's why I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who gets to decide what is important and what isn't? I happen to think tennis is way more important than getting married. I love a good backhand!

    ReplyDelete