Thursday, July 19, 2007

stepping up


It's time to step up.

I'm sick of complaining about the view down here. There are great things above and beyond.

Why would I waste my time complaining about how dirty and dingy the stairwell is when I have the ability to walk out onto the viewing tower at the Empire State Building? Seems silly really.

There are great things just waiting for me to notice them. I'm choosing to focus on whatever is good, right, true, noble, pure, hilarious, and worthy of praise.

The garbage of life has enough admirers.

It's time to step up and notice...want to join me?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:43 AM

    And what a perfect day to do this! 75 degrees and sunny...I will freeze frame this day in my mind to remember this winter when I don't want to think of the weather in a negative way.
    I'm on board the train of anti-trashing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm in - and it is kindof why i like nascar...it is a little slice of life that is perfect in every way! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This whole "stepping up" thing sounds kinda exhausting. I prefer "sitting down."

    ReplyDelete