Thursday, July 05, 2007

sports


I've decided that I can't root for a tennis player that yells or grunts or screams every time they hit a shot...and especially if it's a drop shot.

I watched a show about the all time great athletes that were over 40 years old and 3 of the top 20 were race car drivers. I definitely think race car driving is a competition - and I definitely think they're not athletes. It takes skill. I'm sure they sweat in their little fireproof suits. They turn left better than most...but there are men competing against women, there are 50 year old drivers, there are guys that couldn't run a lap around a high school track...it's just a stretch to call them athletes.

I had someone trying to convince me that Marvin Lewis is the best coach ever....and he's had one winning season ever. One. Seems kind of like a stretch.

I just watched a rerun of "Stump the Schwab" and can't help but wonder what the Schwab would have accomplished had he spent his time studying cancer research instead of ESPN - where we'd be in the whole fight against cancer. And when he tries to talk smack - it makes me think of David Hasselhoff.

1 comment: