Thursday, July 26, 2007

really?


I kind of don't really care that Barry Bonds took steroids. I kind of don't really care that Floyd and Lance probably did too. I'm just not that concerned.

The reality is that if I was that worked up about it, I could get really mad...maybe make a sardonic t-shirt mocking them....start an angry web site that could generate lots of money...


and um...


now that I think about it, maybe I should get more involved in this.

So the question for me is - how many things can you really care about?

If you really cared about people living on the streets - you'd do something about it.

If you really cared about cancer, aids, or irritable bowel disorder...you'd probably kick in some money to the irritable bowel bowling for dollars event.

If you really cared about the people in New Orleans, you'd probably use your vacation to go down and help.

Keep in mind - I'm saying "really". Not just, "if I could snap my fingers and make these things go away I would" but - "I don't care what's in my way, I'm going down to help"

So what are the things you really care about?

5 comments:

  1. Why is Ted Knight in this post?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I care mostly about myself. That's why almost everything I do is primarily about my own happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you meant to ask, "why isn't Ted Knight in every post?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:28 PM

    You don't really care if people around you act badly.

    You care if they complain about bad things that happen to people and don't do something to help. Why does that bother you? Do you feel like when they complain, they are expecting you to care and go do something about it?

    ReplyDelete