Monday, December 14, 2009

Spotlight

I'd like to take the time to thank/highlight/mention/write about some of my favorite people and/or the people I'm most thankful for.

I'd do it on Thanksgiving, but I'm not going to let that holiday be the boss of me (same goes to you Flag Day!).

It would make the most sense that I'd start with my beautiful bride. There is no one that is more favorited (it's a word) or that I look up to more, or that I'm more thankful for. Having said that, I'm not going to go in order of preference because I don't want to rank people- because that's not what this is about either. I can just see people asking me why I ranked Annie above Jesus or Hasselhoff below anyone...

Anyhow, today I will tell you about my friend Stacy.

I should tell you right from the start that young Stacy is actually a guy. I'm not sure if his parents were fans of Stacy Keatch or if there was some sort of bet lost...but they went with a girl's name. Maybe to toughen him up through grade school?

Not really the point. Stacy was a great friend to me while we were living in the Keystone state. There was no one that was more encouraging to me as I was struggling to figure out the ways of the Pennsylvanians. He was honest, kind, funny and a great example to me in how he loved his family, ministry and the people around him. I'm not sure you'll find a better listener in the state, or a more humble man either. Those two qualities seem to go hand in hand and he was a daily reminder for me of just what they look like.

The world would be a better place with more guys who have girl's names...that's not really what I wanted to say here....let me start over.

The world would be a better place with more fellas like Stac around. I'm a big fan, and I couldn't be more excited about the little girl from China that will soon find a new father in State College, Pennsylvania. She really couldn't do any better.

So thanks Stac, you're one of the greats...

No comments:

Post a Comment