Thursday, March 11, 2010

Woo Hoo!

I have coffee at 7AM on Wednesdays.  It's a post workout ritual that I've worked out with my friend, and workout partner Alton.  We drive to a little coffee shop that's walking distance from the gymnasium -just to be ironic.

Last week I saw a chalkboard sign on the counter and asked Becky (our coffee server person) about it.  The sign read, "Woo Hoo named Cincinnati's best" so I asked, "So what's Woo Hoo?"

What I was thinking was that they had this groovy, Ben & Jerry-esque name for something that was named "Woo Hoo"

Becky answered, "it's a term of excitement"

Me:  Oh right...um...I get that the word Woo when put with Hoo conveys excitement.  It's just that your sign reads like it's something that won best in Cincinnati 

Turns out that their little coffee shop won the distinction of having the best coffee in the Queen city...and they were celebrating by putting the words Woo Hoo on the chalkboard.

and also that I'm an idiot...

No comments:

Post a Comment