Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Boy who cried book...

It's a funny thing.  There is a publishing company that actually will send me free books if I write about them on this weblog...and yet I haven't yet.  O.K., maybe "funny" is an overstatement.  Imagine getting up on stage, cranking out two minutes of solid gold comedy about airplane food and then ending with the free book bit.  You can't close with that.

That's not really my point.

There are two books in my life right now that I'm looking forward to reading and re-reading.  One I talked about that's available here and one I haven't talked about that's available here.
I haven't read young Joe's book yet, but the fella has a way with words and I can't imagine it not being great. (he'd never write a double negative like that for example)

The other has been read by yours truly and I sure enjoyed the first go-round.  I'm guessing it's gone through a re-write or two, and I can't wait to see the final product. 

The cover makes me feel dirty, but I think that's the point.  This isn't the Bridges of Madison County.  Actually I haven't read the final version, so maybe it's pretty close?  I'm guessing not...

When I read it, it was pretty graphic, and pretending this stuff could be summed up in a 30 second commercial or illustration probably wouldn't do it justice. Raw is probably the best description I can think of for the book -  it illustrates/demonstrates just how ugly sexual addiction can be. It goes beyond that and pulls together a pretty clever suspense novel.

The first time I read it I sent Steve a few paragraphs of feedback.  I should mention that he was looking for this and I rarely send authors my opinion on their books.  Grisham is still ticked off at me because I thought his last book was "preachy"

In my feedback I mentioned printing out his book a chapter at a time to read.   I rarely read books that way....but I rarely have pre-released copies of books sent to my electronic mail address.  It took me a few chapters, but I soon found myself printing out 4 & 5 chapters at a time.  It drew me in, and that's always a good thing.  Maybe it will draw you in as well.

It's for sale, and maybe you oughtta take a looksy.

No comments:

Post a Comment