Monday, September 21, 2009

notable


I took some good notes this past weekend.  I heard some great stuff at a conference I atended, and then some great stuff at the Vineyard Community Church in beautiful, downtown Springdale.

I've got notes if you want them.  They're in a notebook in my backpack.

If you can't get a hold of me this week, you'll have to remind me that they're in my backpack when you talk to me next week.

If you forget about it for a few weeks and then remember...well, there's a pretty good chance they'll be in my backpack, unless I've cleaned it out by then.

That's what I do.  I keep a hold of them until I no longer remember what they're about.  Every once in a while I'll find some random notes that will say stuff like:
-you can impress with big meetings, but you'll only impact one on one or in small groups
-rabid dog analogy
-time does not equal money, it equals time
-call Steve from KGLA and ask him for his video about sharks
-remember to ask Fuller about those elf shoes
  
and there are always one or two with big stars next to them
* DON'T TAKE THE GRAVY BOAT WHEN THE TRAIN WILL GET YOU THERE JUST AS FAST!!!

I rarely can remember what any of these mean.  That's the problem with conferences, seminars, speeches in general...they last about a week or two.  If you ask most people what they heard in a meeting/church/conference two weeks prior, they probably could just retell a funny story or talk about a wacky video they saw.  It's quickly forgotten...unless the ideas were implemented.

That's what I gotta do while these are still fresh.  I've gotta start acting on them.

I'll begin now...if only I could remember what the gravy boat represented...

No comments:

Post a Comment