I saw a guy wearing a t-shirt that read, "A blood donor saved my life"
Here's what I thought, in order:
1. Why am I reading t-shirts when there are starving kids in Istanbul?
2. Maybe I should spend this time reading a classic American novel, or Sports Illustrated.
3. Hmmm...I wonder if the blood donor made that shirt himself, or would the shirt then read, "A blood donor saved my life and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"?
4. That's kind of a niche market to sell to. I gotta think there are bigger demographics out there to unload t-shirts upon.
5. I wonder where you sell those t-shirts?
Ultimately I think there has to be some t-shirts made that are going to attract a larger base. For instance, I've never met anyone who had their life saved by a blood donor. I'd really have a hard time selling to that demo.
Here's a shirt that I think would be a bit easier to sell: