Tuesday, August 04, 2009

McQueen

Driving to the gymnasium this morning felt like I was driving into the beginning of Twister (worst voice in all of Hollywood?  Keanu or Bill Paxton?).

As I was heading across Cincinnati-Dayton Road I saw this incredible bolt of lightning seemingly go from the ground up into the heavens...and I was in awe of it's beauty and of it's terror.  When you first see one it's kind of beautiful, and then you're startled by the crack as if someone is right behind you with a bullwhip (takes you back, doesn't it Dan?).
 
It's both beautiful and terrifying.  That's a rare thing, and that's what I was thinking when I saw down three minutes ago...

2 comments:

  1. Everytime I see Bill Paxton I think I should get into acting.

    Bill Paxton being sincere or yelling......thats the worst voice in hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt that way when I went into the ocean last week. And I learned that there is great joy in being humbled.

    ReplyDelete