Friday, December 02, 2005

Things that would help me sleep at night

There's just something about this building I work in... It was designed with many many offices and absolutely no storage. That's another subject though. The thing about this building is that it has one thermostat that's in a little office down the hall. Apparently they have a couple of space heaters in there and it's cranked up to the point that high school wrestlers are coming over to make weight. Meanwhile I have the air conditioning on over my desk. You could fly a kite over my file cabinet. I'm actually sharing an office with Ted Williams.
It's kindda cold here.
I'm thinking of making some changes in the 'ol oficina, as my friends at Chipotle call it.
First I'd like to design a series of hoops that line the halls. This way, when I'm asking for something to be put together and told to go fill out an online form with a formal request, and then told to run it by our volunteer assistant, and then told that they don't have time so I go back to the original department that does this sort of thing and describe the project, and then am told that they received my request and it's too small so I should probably just do it myself....(take a deep breath...I'm going somewhere with this) this way as I go back and forth down the newly designed hallway - I'll be jumping through literal and figurative hoops.
Second I'd like to put in some pop machines that sell bottles. There's just something about drinking out of a can that I don't like.
Thirdly, and maybe most importantly, I'd like to install a drive thru window. This way if someone needs to pick up some food for their family, some clothes, or just to drop something off...they can just pull right up. I'm guessing that we'd be the first church in America with a drive thru. There's gotta be some value in that...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:36 PM

    hmmm... my church is in the process of dreaming up our next building phase... mind if i suggest the drive-thru? I'm thinking that it would be a huge hit among the suburban church crowd - everyone would be able to check the "church" box on their to-do list for the week without ever having to actually *interact* with other people.

    "Church without other people's crap to deal with." - now THAT'S a church that would grow.

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:37 PM

    your hoops make me think of a certain "jump to conclusions" mat...

    btw... ever have trouble interpreting what the skewed letters are that you have to type in to post? Sometimes they're so skewed that I get it wrong once or twice before I get it right.

    ReplyDelete