Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Who Dey!


I've been thinking about the Who Dey chant and have come to the conclusion that maybe it's not the cheesiest thing I've ever heard. I no longer believe that it's impossible to scream at the top of your lungs "Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengals?!" and look cool at the same time. Every time I hear it I'm forced to ask myself, who actually do think they gonna beat dem Bengals? I can just see Ickey Woods doing the Ickey shuffle on someone's lawn as he tries to sell them a flank steak out of the trunk of his car...Who Dey!
Sure people make fun of THE Ohio State University...and the buckeye mascot. It's a poisonous nut. And I understand that at some point we get it...We are...Penn State....oh, that's who you are...gotcha. I know the terrible towel is probably a silly battle cry....but Who Dey think gonna beat dem Bengals? It's just bad.

1 comment:

  1. I get you. Bengals fans...Seriously. I know you're feeling conflicted. But leave Penn State out of this.

    And Doug Arnold invented the "We Are...Penn State" cheer. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete