Friday, December 09, 2005

the heart of it all

I'm headed to the heart of the heart of it all (Ohio) today. I get to speak to 800 people at Columbus, YoungLife's fall weekend. I've spoken on a bunch of these before, but they're usually 300-500. 800 will be the biggest weekend I've ever been on. I've been obsessing about that number for a few days now. Talking with that many people about Jesus is sort of a daunting task. At the same time, bring 'em on...the more the better. The thing is that I've spent a lot of time thinking through what to say and how to say it. It's an incredible responsibility to share the Gospel with that many people. There's huge potential with this.
I was thinking about the potential, the responsibility and the priveledge earlier. At some point it occured that I've had the potential and arguably the responsibility and priveledge to share the Gospel with that many people all along. St. Francis said that we shold preach the Gospel continually and when necessary, use words. I don't need a fall weekend, or a microphone or any sort of event to share the Gospel with that many people. I just need to focus on Him....to start serving people beyond the first mile (or what's expected) and start living the second mile....then people will start asking what I'm looking at....or why I'm doing the things I'm doing. Maybe this weekend is just a smart tool for starting the conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment