Wednesday, December 07, 2005

little things...


My leg hurts today. I was lugging around cases of bottled water yesterday...and then was on my feet for 6 hours. My hip started to hurt. Then my knee. Then my ankle. It all kind of flows that way. I met a chiropractor that will take x-rays and then set you up on this machine that has this tiny little pin like lever that just barely touches your neck. He sets you up in such a position (takes a long, long time) that he just barely has to touch you...and it knocks the axis bone (I think that's what it's called). The axis bone affects your head tilt...which means that if it's crooked, you compensate by leaning one way or the other to keep your head straight. And if you lean a little, that affects your hips, knees, ankles. That tiny little bone affects the rest of your body.
If someone says a kind word...it does something for me. It helps to soften me...or at least to keep me a little less callous. Just something little like that can keep me straight. In the same way the tongue is a mighty muscle...and it can break me down quickly. It can throw my life out of whack. I say dumb things...people say dumb things to me...we talk about dumb things...and I get all out of whack.
I need to focus on Jesus. When I do that, I tend to say less dumb things. I also tend to say kinder things to the people that He loves.
It's just a little thing...like what am I focused on?

No comments:

Post a Comment