Tuesday, October 11, 2005

T minus 5, 4, 3...


I've never understood the "T minus" part of the countdown...but I have it in my head this morning. In a few minutes I'll start my first day of work. Find out all the secrets of the place (secret handshake, hidden key under the doormat, where they keep the good communion wafers). It's a big day. If this is like my last stint, I'll be working here for the next decade. Speaking of which....I should probably get going. I hear it's bad if you show up late on your first day. Wish me luck....I guess that doesn't sound very spiritual, huh? How about....pray for me? Or, that I would have a blessed day (it has to have two syllables to sound spiritual...like Bless-Ed day)
Anyhow, here I go...

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:31 PM

    I always say "good providence" instead of "good luck."

    It makes me sound more spiritual and it has more syllables, so it makes me sound smarter. Also, it makes people think that I'm also a dirty calvinist, which i am.

    So, on your first day of work, Good Providence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. does T minus = Today minus?

    mike, i'm reading a biography of jonathon edwards and he was a quite clean calvinist. spurgeon on the other hand probably reeked of cigar smoke so you probably take after his dirtiness.

    ReplyDelete