Monday, October 17, 2005

No Blue?


This might not be good...I found myself interested in a few football games this weekend. It wasn't great because I found myself rooting for teams, not because I like them, but because I have an intense dislike for the teams they were playing. I found myself rooting against teams...passionately. This just can't be healthy. I think I inherited it. I was talking with someone in my family and they were shocked to hear that my brother would root for Michigan against Penn State. They thought it was sacrilege to root for Michigan.... but then admitted to not watching the Ohio State game because they weren't that interested.
So they rooted AGAINST Michigan because they're Ohio State's rivalals...but didn't even watch OSU. You see the irony? You see the possible problem my family has in this arena?
Maybe things would be a little better if we rooted for teams, people, things....and didn't focus so much on things, people or teams we didn't like.
I keep coming back to the quote, "I'm not against anything, I'm for Jesus". That's probably a much healthier way to live. It'd probably be better in general to just root for people and not against others. It probably says something about us when we're constantly finding fault in people and situations. "I'm not against anything...I'm for Jesus"
that's pretty good...

No comments:

Post a Comment