Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The countown starts...again

We are refinancing the ol homestead.*  We had a 30 year mortgage in Middletown, a 30 year mortgage in State College, a 30 year mortgage in the Dub C...and then a 25...and now we're making the shift to 15 years.

It's our way of saying, "we're not sure we want to owe you any money in 16 years, fella"

I blame most of this on Dave Ramsey and a little of this on my constant desire for discounts.
The difference in overall payments going from 30 years to 15 years is....well it's a lot...I actually haven't done the math, but I'm told that I'll save literally dozens of dollars.

I love a good deal.
If you're looking for a good local (Cincinnati) mortgage fella, I got a guy (and a silly rate).  Just let me know.
-------------------------------------------
* This entire post was an excuse to use the word homestead

1 comment: