Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's time...

The Murphy family has a storied history. I could spend hours telling you Parker, Cooper and Griffin stories.

In fact I have.

I could go on and on about my awesome wife. Don't get me started about the Murphys that I don't live with. It's a great bunch.

Oh sure, we've got our issues - but so do you! And stop judging us!

Today I'd like to talk about one particular member of the Murphy clan (can you still use that term without the negatives that go along with the word clan?). Today I'd like to officially retire Griffin's number 5 and hang it from the rafters of our home.

Oh sure, it'll take a while to build and install the rafters - that's just a detail.

You might say it's premature to hang a number in rafters that, as of now, do not exist.

I'm just saying that today "I'd like" to hang it from the rafters. I just can't...because we have no rafters. Keep in mind that Griffin is still using the number 5 and this is yet another reason I can't hang the number from the rafters.


Just think of the hassle of climbing a ladder each week to pull down his jersey for the big game. Who needs that? Oh sure, I could hang really low rafters...but I'm not sure that would really honor the number 5. Then it just turns into a really narrow counter that's awkwardly in the middle of the room.

No, I'm going to hang a high rafter. That's the way he'd want it...if he knew what a rafter was.

Someday.....oh yes....someday...

1 comment:

  1. Some would think this post is ridiculous. I don't. I have my 'beans' jersey already hanging in the rafters for kicking your tail time after time. And I listened to Cyndi Lauper while I did it.

    ReplyDelete