Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The things we think and do not say

It's 1 AM and this might be the bad pizza I had earlier talking, but I believe I have something to say. Or rather, I have something to say that I believe in. My father once said, "Get the bad news over with first. You be the one to say the tough stuff." Well, here goes. There is a cruel wind blowing through our business. We all feel it, and if we don't, perhaps we've forgotten how to feel. But here is the truth. We are less ourselves than we were when we started this organization.
-opening line to Jerry McGuire's Mission Statement
-
A friend of mine wrote something that reminded me of Jerry's "This is War" Mission Statement.
He wrote what I'd been thinking and haven't had the guts to say.
He wrote from the heart, and put himself out there.
He spoke truth and was unabashed about calling people to something more.
It was pretty inspiring.
He'll probably get yelled at or told by someone in a higher position that they have it all under control...and why would he feel like he needed to send that?
I'm glad he did.

3 comments:

  1. Even though I have no idea what your friend wrote, I like the sound of it.

    Mad props from C-Town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have me SO curious!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had sparkling mint water today...

    it wasn't as good as you made it sound. But I'm still looking forward to seeing you man.

    ReplyDelete