Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I wonder...


I wonder why guys wearing tuxedo's tend to walk around with both hands in their pockets so much? Watch a guy in jeans and a t-shirt walk down the street sometime. He'll just be walking with his hands to his side. If he's wearing a tux, he'll have the front of his jacket off to the sides and both hands in his pockets. What's that all about?

I wonder if Diddy will remember to vote today?

I wonder if the winner of the New York City Marathon had to compete in the Tour De France, if they'd say it was the toughest thing they've ever done?

I wonder when Stomp moved into my neighborhood and decided to have their on the street rehearsals at 5 AM?

I wonder if Studio 60 will get cancelled?

I wonder what's in my house that causes my kids to get so sick so often?

I wonder why Ohio State always plays so poorly against Penn State and Illinois?

I wonder how ridiculous it would be if someone put together a white entertainment television (WET) station? Or a white coaches of America association? NAAWP?

I wonder why my back hurts so much right now?

I wonder why Fox catches so much slack when every survey taken since 1962 has shown that the vast majority of journalists have taken the side of the Democrats in every election (even Mondale). I wonder if the same people were up in arms over the New York Times and their balanced views? NBC? CBS? ABC? It's interesting to see they know the political leanings of every newspaper and network - but now there's a network that leans the other way...and people freak out (just watch the comments).

I wonder why the Pirates can't put together a winning season?

I wonder why my lawn looks like there was some sort of rugby scrum that took place in the back yard.

I wonder where bagpipe players practice?

I wonder what I'll have for lunch?

These are the things I seem to be wondering about today....how about you?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:59 AM

    I wonder who will be our governor after today? I don't care for either one.

    I wonder if I can buy some more candy corn for 33 cents a bag? I loves me some candy corn.

    I wonder if the people in the West Clermont school district will finally wake up and pass a school levy so that we can replace elementary schools that are 50-60 years old and have no handicap access.

    I wonder if it will stop raining so that when I have to work the polls later today for the school levy I don't get wet - you know I will melt.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:37 AM

    Speaking as a democrat, I can honestly say that my views are rarely represented by any of the major networks. I can think of four people in television that represent my views and I can think of many, many more that represent the conservative viewpoint.

    White male people don't need a network or an association in this country because they are not underepresented in America. They have a voice and their voice is strong. "Protected groups" are underepresented and are often misrepresented. Think about it this way: are ther any truly hurtful, "bad words" for white males in this country? B**ch and a million other words are for women, the N word and a million others are for African Americans, R**ard is for developmentally challenged people and I'll let you Google ones for Jewish people, Latinos, Native Americans, Asians, Homosexuals...etc. White men have no truly defamatory, hurtful words created about them which means there is noone trying to put them down or grind their faces in the mud. There are no scary, mainstream "anti-white" male clubs or associations. You don't have a long, prolific history of violence against you, as a group. Protected groups do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why my wife, who is Egyptian, is not considered a minority? She is more "african american" than any African American person I know. Yet, she gets no "benefits" for being a minority. Not that we are looking for any, we love paying the full price for OSU grad school. I guess to be a minority, you have more #'s to be reconized as a minority. Otherwise your just in the minority.

    Ps - for those of you who are scratching your heads right now... Egypt is actually in Africa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if the network will actually see that Studio 60 is only proven correct if it's canceled. Good television is being sold out in favor of the "shock jock" media. Boo.

    I wonder if Steve Fuller will ever see me the way I am and love me despite my flaws.

    I wonder if I'll ever not be awkward when I'm hanging out with Sean Michael Murphy.

    I wonder if all the people who have preconceived ideas of wrestling will ever realize that the sport is not about grabbing crotches and sticking things in orifices, but rather about the test of endurance, technique, and heart.

    I wonder if that is going to start a flame war about the sport of wrestling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drew, I loooove your Egyptian. And I miss her too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:30 PM

    Drew, please elaborate. I think your wife is in a protected group, isn't she? If she is a US citizen, she cannot be discriminated against because she is of Egyptian heritage.

    As far as benefits, at our local college, the college itself does not provide any financial benefit for being in a protected group. There are individual scholarships that are available through certain programs and clubs that are for students with disabilities or African American students who cannot afford college to help encourage diversity (which is good for everyone).

    I didn't receive any special benefit in college because I'm a woman but I am protected legally from discrimination and there are TV channels that purport to be "for women" (though I find their programming boring most of the time).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:26 PM

    aren't white men called "cracker-ass crackers"

    I wonder if any one will still talk to me in the "school cafetaria" at lunch.

    I wonder who will be the first to be irate over me posting anonymously.

    I wonder if my man-crush over Murph will send me to the head of the line for his affections?

    ReplyDelete