Friday, November 17, 2006

Cuckoo for cocoa puffs


how ridiculous is this?

I get into a situation where I can just predict what the person is going to say. I know based on how well I know this person that they'll react to something a certain way, I'll have a whole list of reasons about why they're either wrong or just being a hypocrite...

and I'll stew in that

and I'll get mad at them

because I just know how they'll react

I literally get mad at them for how I THINK they'll react

and I'll just let it burn....

Some poor soul comes into an interaction with me and can't figure out why I'm mad at them.

It's because of something they didn't say to me...that's why.

How insane is it to get mad at someone because I think they'll say or do something....because I've already had the conversation in my mind and I'm mad at what they said in my imagination?

somebody needs a mental vacation...

3 comments:

  1. This is about what I said about Jim and Pam, isn't it?

    I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all hate hypocrisy...and I don't know anybody that doesn't struggle with it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:50 AM

    Wow. I've been in that same situation a gazzillion times. I am constantly running through conversations in my head ahead of time.

    I don't usually have a picture of the guy from Mad Magazine in my head though.

    ReplyDelete