Monday, August 09, 2010

oily

I was watching the weekend service (sorry Celebrations, but everyone keeps calling you "service" so I'm going to go with that nickname) and couldn't help but appreciate how far they've come since young Brad Wise joined the gang. 

Keep in mind, this is a happy gang that has only one color...and it's the color of love...or blue, depending on what color love is to you.   This isn't really about gangs, it's more about appreciating how things are flowing these days.  Overall it just feels like a better experience.  Fancy videotaped presentations, lights, stage fixin's, giant vegetables, giant orbs, a pulley system, the bearded video guy who tells great stories...I could go on and on....and...you know...on...
It's been fun to watch and for some reason that struck me on Saturday evening....not sure why...but it's gotta be a good thing...I'm not even saying this past weekend was anything special.  It just struck me that our "normal" is a better normal than it used to be.

I like that new kid who speaks, the older gentleman with the funny hair, the team that puts together the signs and displays, the friendly people handing stuff to me and that javelin throwing giant that hands me my un-recyclable cup with exactly enough room for my Diet Doctor Pepper.  There are tons of people making the whole thing happen and that's why it feels like it's a happening place (see what I did there?)

It's feeling more and more like a well oiled machine and it's fun to see.  Sometimes I forget because I'm maybe too close to it.  I've been away a lot lately because of some other commitments, and maybe that's the secret.

I'm not really sure...and it doesn't really matter.  It's just fun to experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment