Thursday, June 28, 2007

wheel of fortune at 6, followed by nap...

I've always thought it was interesting when I'd talk to an elderly person and they'd tell me about what they had going on. I had an 84 year old friend in Middletown who used to tell me how crazy her week was.

"I've got a doctor's appointment on Thursday and then I'm expecting a package on Saturday...and if that wasn't enough, I'm going out to lunch next Monday"

I just always thought it was funny how busy they felt when they had maybe 3 or 4 things going on in one week.

This was my week. I've been home with the kids since Monday morning and found myself thinking that today was the big day because I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30. I really was thinking through what my day was like and how it revolved around this one thing I had to do.

I've said a few times that I know plenty of people who aren't that busy, but don't know anyone who doesn't think they're busy....and now I know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment