Monday, June 11, 2007

ouch


my back is out...

actually I don't really know what that means. I mean, it's right here. It didn't leave. I'm guessing that means it's out of alignment...yeah, that makes sense.

In any case it hurts. Apparently your back is kind of a key deal because you can't really adjust to a different position when you're sleeping and all of a sudden....you're comfortable.

It affects everything.

I'm already thinking about the chiropractor. They catch a lot of flak from a lot of people who don't know better. Chiropractors actually study anatomy more than M.D.'s do. They've helped me when I've thrown out my back in the past and doctor's often just throw pills at me.


I go to the spa-aaaah. I avoided it for over a year even though it's walking distance to my work and they don't require appointments. I didn't go near the place because it looked like a naughty massage parlor and I've been avoiding Fuller for months. Anyhow, I called the closest doctor that was in my insurance plan (I should put insurance in quotes) and sure enough they answered the phone, "it's a great day at the spa!". At that point I just went because it was close and I could get in right away. Turns out it's a legitimate place that can fix things.

It is interesting how defensive a lot of chiropractors can be. I've been to about a dozen different ones over the years and a couple of them have charts up proving their credentials and education. I'm not just talking about their degrees - they've got lists of classes they'd taken, how long they'd studied, what their time in the 40 was....the list goes on and on. (people usually say that near the end of their lists)

So I'm off to get my back cracked. When they crank your neck around, it makes the actual sound that you hear when you watch someone get adjusted on tv...it's no joke, and it works.

8 comments:

  1. Weird...I hurt my back today putting my golf clubs in my car. My cure will be playing 18 holes of golf this afternoon.

    It's good to be a gangsta (and by gangsta, I mean teacher).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 PM

    One of the scarier things I've ever seen was a chiropracter cracking the neck of his 9 month old baby. I mean, how out of alignment can a non-injured baby be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard the most jarring thing done to your body outside of a car accident is being birthed...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard the most jarring thing done to your body outside of a car accident is sleeping with Rosie O'Donnell...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:51 PM

    No fat jokes, jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:37 PM

    what did the one fat person say to the other?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:26 PM

    That people who tell fat jokes can't think of anything witty to say so they say something stupid about the easiest targets in our society? I've heard that one before.

    ReplyDelete