Monday, June 25, 2007

vacation

Vacation starts today. Annie is headed to Tennessee and I'll be hanging with three great kids for the week.

Cooper is kind of sick (and I've been nursing a sore throat for over a month now) and we'll miss the heck out of Annie, but otherwise I think it'll be a great week.

Two days ago Griff came into the house and said, "I decorated the mailbox daddy!". I thought that was nice and was getting ready to go out and see it (thinking stickers or one of his drawings taped to it) when he said, "I painted it blue!" That sped up my tour a bit. In fact my mom and Annie both got up to see his work.

He painted it blue. Actually there were only blue spots. Mostly he painted the mailbox stand....blue. It's the kind of color you'd paint your mailbox post if you wanted your neighbors to know you're a professional clown...or your parents didn't pay enough attention to you as a child.

He created either something my neighbors will wonder about or a project for me to cover up - but I loved it. I couldn't help but think it was hilarious that he thought it'd be all right to go out and get some paint and just start painting.

That's what some kids do. They just do stuff. I found his bike leaning up against our van yesterday...and a one inch gash in the side of the van where the metal end of the handlebar was resting.

I have a ridiculously expensive hand-made guitar that's worth more than my van - but since I have kids - I have to hide it in the basement.

Kids just do stuff to stuff. Sometimes it's kind of annoying, but I still think the mailbox deal was pretty awesome.

So if you'd like your mailbox painted...you know where to call.

No comments:

Post a Comment