Wednesday, June 06, 2007

it pays to ask questions


I bought some attractive Ohio license plates yesterday.

The thing that threw me was that they charged me $79 for the plates. When I asked why it was so much, I was told that I was paying for a full year + 14 days because my birthday hadn't passed yet.

"But the plates say June, not the date in June"

"Yes, but we know your birthday is on the 19th"

"will it say that on the expiration date?"

"no"

"Um, how much would it be if I came back in a couple of weeks?"

"$54"

"isn't that about $4.50 a month?"

breaks out the calculate....."um....yeah, just about"

"So to get my $54 worth of plate use and an extra half month I have to pay an extra six months?"

"yes, I guess you do"

So I just used Annie's birthday and saved $27. I guess it pays to ask questions...

3 comments:

  1. maybe you should take a second look at your taxes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you ask if you would get the same 6 months rate discounted if you came back and purchased on June 30?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read "The Celebration of Discipline" by Foster. Update more.

    Your friend,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete