Friday, June 15, 2007

a new catchphrase


I was talking about a new catch phrase with a friend last night. He suggested, "and you can take that to the bank!" complete with a pointed finger. I suggested adding "mister" at the end. The bottom line is that's been around for awhile, but like "I'm going to give you a knuckle sandwich" I'd like to see some of the classics come back.

I'm trying to keep the awkward high five, with people too insecure to actually lift their hand above their head, alive.

I'd like to see "you go girl" and "you rock" go away...that's just me. I feel like they've had their time and like "achy breaky heart" have worn out their welcome.

I'd like for people us "book" or "bookin" to describe how fast they were running. We were booking down the street - or - I had to book on out of there.

Maybe you could help me get that one out there on the street.

I know I shouldn't - but I can't not laugh when I hear, "that hurt like a mutha". It brings me some sort of moment of humor when people describe pain as a "mutha". I assume those are people too classy to end the hyphenated expression.

I'd also like to start a new one like the new guy on the Office tried with a "Shrute" as in, "you really Shruted that one".

I'm just stuck in which direction to go....something to think on I guess.

and you can take that to the bank

5 comments:

  1. "spackle and pop, baby. spackle and pop."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:58 PM

    for years (ish) i've been trying to get people to say, "poppins" when something is practically perfect in every way.

    "man these sandwiches are good."

    "for sure, bro. they're poppins."


    catch the fever..... it's gonna be HOT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to bring back putting your index finger in your mouth and saying, "Gag me" or "Grody to the Max"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to bring back referring to the "index finger" as the "pointer finger."

    ReplyDelete