Monday, April 23, 2007

wise wise words


I've done some serious soul searching these past few days. What with the possibility of a couple of very big new things, the newness of spring, the current political climate of our nation....one can't help but ponder a few things.

This has been a reflective time for me. I took some time to think through where I've been and where I'm going. I've soaked in some of our accomplishments and worked through some of our defeats. I think every one of us should do something just like this every month or so.

It's good for the soul. It's almost like....I don't know...when you're sick and someone brings you over a nice hot bowl of soup...of chicken soup....with some noodles. It's almost like Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul. (I think I'm on to something here)

So after these 23 years that I call my own, I've learned a few things:
1. Rain X is probably the single greatest invention of all time.
2. If loving Bob Saget is wrong, then I don't wanna be right.
3. There are three bands in every single city in these United States that are more talented than any band currently in the top 40.
4. We begin with Monday
5. It still feels a little naughty to call Wednesday "Hump Day"
6. fishing and Nascar are sports like my lawn is the seventh fairway at Pebble Beach.
7. If you're famous and you have an "an" in your name - your fans will become "----anatics"
8. It's ok to let people see you sweat. You should never let them smell you sweat.

4 comments:

  1. this is me ignoring your nasty little nascar put down. that is just not right. but i'm ignoring it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you start with that blather about rain-x, it's hard to take anything else you say seriously.

    I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5. geez. it's almost 8pm and no one has approached the real question.

    x = 5

    WT...

    ReplyDelete