Friday, April 06, 2007

just something kind of fun


I wrote my opinion on the scoring system of t-ball and was told that my opinion was "nuts" and that I wasn't tolerant of other's opinions. I've always hated dumb arguments (telling me my opinion of something was dumb and then telling me I was intolerant is just kind of silly) so I responded back....a crazy number of comments later I realized it was probably not going to fix anything.

I wrote about missing a school concert for my 6 year old because I had committed to speaking at an event three months prior...and 45 comments later I realized this was kind of out of control.

I wrote about an Easter Egg Hunt and a cowboy...and still the angry comments flew.

Today I would like to direct you to far better things:
This
or
This
or
This
or
This
or
This
or better yet

3 comments:

  1. oh i see, don't even respond to the argument, just redirect everything. who does that??! oh wait, anonymous does that, that's right. never mind. keep on truckin' murph. (did i just start a whole new useless argument?... i think i did.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    I said I wouldn't out you, and I'm a man of my word. If I do know who you are, we both know I can easily access your email address, so you can expect an email from me once I get a chance to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. SMM

    Long time reader, first time commenter. Few thoughts.

    First, we kept score in my t-ball, i think i came out ok (although that may be more because I was a t-ball BEAST, so never lost . . .)

    Second, My dad missed some of my stuff, but I never doubted he tried or that he loved me, so I got past it.

    Third, I like easter eggs. Period.

    Lastly, My folks taught me bout a person named Jesus, and THAT has made all the difference . . . I think you and everyone else will be fine.

    But hey, what do I know, I'm only 23 and didn't make it through college in 4 years, but we're workin on that.

    ReplyDelete