Monday, April 23, 2007

bad bad bad

During the last episode of The Apprentice, Donald asked one of the guys who had been previously fired who he should hire. They were at the Hollywood Bowl and there were thousands of people watching.

The guy said, "well Mr. Trump, I'm a big believer in strong men and I think James is a strong man who could get the job done" and the men in the crowd all started cheering and shouting.

Donald then asked the guy next to him what he thought, "Steve, I was going to ask you what you thought, but I see you clapping...obviously you agree that I should hire James" "Well Mr. Trump, this is the year of the man and he's an outstanding man who could get the job done."

and the crowd went nuts...

I don't know...it just seems a little sexist.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:26 PM

    After some of the comments he's made about women, how he has treated his wives and how misogynistic he is in general, any woman would be crazy to want to work directly for him.

    By choosing male winners he's doing females a big favor (and I think most of them know it).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:02 AM

    I saw the show and won't take the bait. I had no problem with what was really said or your switched version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's because you saw the show

    It's great to say things like women are smarter or to shout about women power - but you know if you say the opposite, there will be people going crazy because of the male chauvenist pig

    I honestly just think it's silly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:29 AM

    It's all about ratings (or rantings)...at least he ultimately chose a woman so he I'm guessing that he was just covering his...a..udience base.

    p.s. I got bored this year and didn't watch the finale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:40 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Gravy!! You watch the freakin Apprentice!!!??? Dang it.

    I must agree with the unemployed reality TV show contestant. This is the year of the man in the chinese calendar. Wait, no. It's actually the year of the ass. Oh it all makes sense now.

    As far as throwing stones in a glass house. I found myself watching Deal or No Deal over Cecilia's shoulder while I played with her. So I have the distinct honor of not just being one of the mindless many who wasted an hour of their life watching that show but also ignoring my child while doing it. Thank you, thank you very much. It is the year of the Ass after all. Que up the Al Stewart song for my exit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just think, the Wolfenbergers and the Murphys could watch Deal or No Deal and ignore their kids together if the Wolfenbergers would be friends with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have no friends anymore. We've started our own cult. We call it the family. There are only three of us so far but we're really hoping to grow that and develope our own language. It would be a mix between italian, pig-german and profanity.
    Haben Sie ein buon damn giorno.

    ReplyDelete