Friday, August 17, 2007

I read the news today...oh boy

um...would it be ok if I....um...

Henry, "Yeah, I'm kind of nervous because I'm meeting with her dad to ask permission to propose today. It's a bigger deal when you're talking to someone that is looking at an FBI background check they did on me just to give me white house clearance to even ask this question....

I sure hope they don't find out about Reno.."


Lisa Maria Presley just recorded a song with her dead dad. Now I get that struggling artists have to make some concessions, create for the masses, sell out a little...if they want to make some money. The same is true of the music industry. I was just listening to a Todd Henry podcast in which he talked about the music industry and how they survey the country to see what songs would get promoted. They'd have people listen to a song and rank it from 1-5. If it received a lot of 3's - that was the best thing. They wanted songs that were good enough to listen to without changing the station. They were searching for the average. They wanted mediocre songs that weren't polarizing....for whatever reason.


Back to Lisa. First of all - she seems very angry. She's been in some really horrible relationships and in and out of trouble all of her life. I'll just let you make the money doesn't buy you happiness conclusion here. Speaking of money - she has more money than Michael Jackson's lawyers...so we can guess she's not releasing the song to make more money. I'm guessing her managers convinced her that it'd be a beautiful tribute to the man that gave her all that money if she released the song. For them - it's all about the money.

Princeton is the #1 school in the world today - according to the U.S. News and World Report. You still might have better teachers at U.C. - you might have more interesting classes at O.S.U. - might have better social activities at Miami U. - might have tougher classes at P.S.U. - it just depends on what classes you take, who you live with, what you major is in, what profs you get - these are really the things that make a college/university the best.

3 comments:

  1. I actually excelled at both sculpture and Spanish. (I just got back from the beach... I'm catching up on your posts.)


    Did you catch the roast of Flavor Flav?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I did
    yeahhh boyeee

    flava flav!

    I'm still not sure why they let him talk at the end

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched the roast Friday night. I laughed a lot, but not when Bridget Nielsen spoke. And were they roasting Flava Flav or Carrot Top - either way, they both suck...a lot.

    ReplyDelete