Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Office


It's amazing what getting an office can mean to a fella. I've been in cube land for almost two years now and it'll be nice to have a phone conversation without having to call them back on my cell phone and walking outside.

I was given a laptop computer and a cubicle because my job at the Vineyard was to work largely with the community pastors. They all had cubes and were expected to be in their communities, so it stood to reason that I'd have roughly the same routine. It never turned out that way.
My job has changed twice in two years and it's become a growing annoyance meeting with people and trying to get my stuff organized in this space that would comfortably sit one third grader.

For two years I was in this cramped little space trying my best to keep my conversations to a minimum. Now I don't have to shout from the rooftops that I need an office, I can shout it from the comfortable confines of my 10 x 12 office. Sure I'll soon be sharing the office with whomever we hire as an assistant, but for now...I get the run of the place.

It's pretty nice. I just need to figure out where to put the foosball table.

4 comments:

  1. love that you are "moving up in the world"! : ) enjoy your new "digs"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping for an all glass, raised office just like the director of CTU. I think that has a great pastoral feel to it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe we shouldn't be having conversations and meetings that can't be overheard by others. What are you hiding, Murph?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have two windows?? I mean...I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete