Thursday, March 01, 2007

Young Life

I was a volunteer leader and later went on staff with a ministry that's in over 50 countries and 50 states - and does a great job of reaching out to High School students. Young Life was a big part of my life even though I was never impacted by it, or even knew it existed, when I was in High School.

Now I'm on the committee of the local Young Life area and want to help raise $500 of their annual budget. I've posted a "donate here" button on the side of this blog that links to their pay pal account, and if you decide to help them reach out to the kids in this area - just hit the button and pull our your credit card.

I've never seen a better return on an investment that what these guys do for so little. They run their area largely by pouring their resources into training and developing volunteer leaders. This keeps the budget down obviously, but more importantly, it's a great way to plug college students into something that matters.

Anyhow, I'm playing in their golf marathon - and only really like golf for about 6 or 7 holes. I'm going to play 75 holes because that's the deal. If it was a walk-a-thon, bowl-a-thon, drink milk-a-thon, or punch a clown-a-thon - it wouldn't really matter. The whole point is to help the area raise money so the staff can spend their time with college and High School students...and not trying to raise support.

I'm looking for 4 people to donate $50, 8 people to donate $25, and 10 people to donate $10....but if you can skip a coffee and muffin today and donate that $3 - we'll take it.

Everything helps. Young Life will send you a receipt for any amount you send in.

Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:17 PM

    another great idea, ylmurph!

    i'm in for $25!

    your friend,
    anonymous

    ReplyDelete