Thursday, March 22, 2007

bad computer week

Our computer is working...
It probably won't be by the time I'm done with this sentence.
I was wrong.

It hasn't really worked for the last two weeks. Our company has told us a couple of times that it'd work fine tomorrow...and yet tomorrow has come and gone.

It's working now, but I'd bet $1 that it won't by the time Annie tries it.

It's hard to blog when your computer doesn't work.

People keep asking if Annie's checking her e-mail (I can at work). She's checking it...it's just not available. It's funny how quickly the computer has become a "must have".

I think we spend so much money on stuff because we've decided that cell phones, home computers, second cars, spare bedrooms and summer vacations are - needs, and not wants.

I've heard that in the early 1950's the average house was the size of a three car garage. I don't think I know anybody that lives in a house that small.

We pay money so that our phones ring with cool songs. We pay for a cell phone that we can talk with when we're bored by the song on the radio and on our 2,000 song ipods. We spend hundreds of dollars a month on fun stuff that wasn't available to even our parents, when they were our age. kids are starving on the other side of the world. I just read that there is enough food in supply right now for everyone to eat 3,000 calories a day. Most food labels are based on a 2,000 calorie a day diet. I wonder what would happen if we all ate in for a week and gave away the extra money to folks who haven't eaten anything in a week?

Not sure how I got off on that tangent...I guess the point here is that my computer isn't working and I'll probably never even get to post this.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:25 AM

    Post it you did and you made really good points.

    ReplyDelete