Friday, February 09, 2007

one or two good things


yesterday I wrote something along the lines of taking the extra fifteen minutes and making something good a little better (you can read Fuller's plagiarism here)

Today I don't feel so good. I've had a few bad days in a row and today would probably qualify for a day to stay home and be sick. I'd do that, but I have a few things that I have to do. Not only do I have to do them, I want to do them.

I should mention here - a couple of people that I talked with about projects (2 in person, 1 on the phone, and 1 via e-mail all thought I was writing about them yesterday...and 3 of them were wrong...but that wasn't the point, the point was that most of us struggle with just getting by - especially me) For the folks who thought I was writing about them yesterday, I'd like you to instead assume I'm writing about you today.

Today if I'm going to meet with you, I'll call you, write you or send a singing telegram to you...you're the reason I'm not calling in sick. You're the reason I'm stepping up to the plate.

I need more meetings that I'm excited about. I need more reasons to keep going when I'm not feeling 100%. I need to focus on those great things - and not on the possibility of passing out on Jay George.

Today is about those good things...

1 comment:

  1. What kinds of things are exciting to you? I am asking what stuff would make your day more exciting. If you could have something practically that would just make it awesome what would it be?

    This is what I see. You have a pretty cool family from what I've seen. I get excited when i hang out with them. I got to hold Parker for a while this past weekend and she is a pretty cool little personality. Coop is always trying to keep up with Griff which is adorable, and Griff is coming into his own. I am sure they are more exciting for me because I am not around them all the time. I can really only handle kids for like 4 hours then I am burnt, but for a while they are fantastic. You have great kids, they excite me. It just one thing, but if I could hang out with Julia and Kate, or Hank and Hanna, or your kids for 15 minutes a day that would be awesome. There's lots of stuff like that for me, but its an example.

    So what could you have in your day for 15 minutes that would make it sweet?

    ReplyDelete