Monday, February 12, 2007

Dave 2.0 (Griff DAVID Harrison Murphy)


There was a time where you could stick Dave and I in a room and we'd come up with some sort of competition/game. We'd see who could take a paper plate and make it fly up to the door and then slide under it...or who could make it flip over the most...or who could bounce a quarter the highest. It didn't matter.

Dave and I turned out pursuit to a glorious game we know as Cheerios Ball. We pulled a softball sized inflatable ball out of Dave's cereal box and played a version of golf throughout the house...and this became a running game between us. Dave used to be the guy that I'd regularly make up games with.

Time moves on. Dan and I were waiting to hear Ravi Zacharias speak when he came up with Stick Figure it Out (available at a Target near you....soon). Shawn (spells his name wrong) and I would see who could get their wedding ring to spin the longest. I'll pick up little games with people at work during boring meetings or when we're sitting around at someones house hanging out.

It's a new era though. Yesterday Griff and I came up with one of the truly great home games. We don't have a name yet (and we're looking for suggestions...although it'll be hard to beat Stick Figure it Out). This game involves a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle staff, complete with three flying nerf "darts" that we aim at a hand drawn dart board on our back door.

So far you're thinking, "what's the big deal?" Well, I'll tell you. The big deal my friend, is the time element. You have exactly 30 seconds to see how many darts you can fire off in the direction of the target. This means that you have to scramble to pick up rebounds and get back to the tee box. We also give you a bonus point for every shot that hits the target.

The record is 10.

Dave, you have been replaced...but I'm guessing that in 5 years you'll be able to teach Cecilia a thing or two about random games around the house.

1 comment:

  1. An announcement like that and no comments?! That's it huh?! I spend the best years of my life in Seinfeldian frivolty coming up with the best and most pointless games I can for you and as soon as I'm over the hill you throw it all away on some younger smarter version of me?!
    Well I guess it's welcome to the New Nepotistic World Order old Dave?
    I'm taking my Cheerios ball and going home.

    ReplyDelete