Thursday, February 22, 2007

it's been far too long


Haven't made a reference to Mr. Bob Saget in far too long.

Talented? sure, goes without saying.

Funny? Um...are you serious? Is Manute Bol tall? Is he even alive? Seriously, I have no idea...is he still around?
back to Bob...little known fact about Bob: lived in Lexington, Va. and went to High School at Rockbridge County H.S. - it's true.

Why is this important, you ask...I'll tell you.
I spent three or four months there (one month at a time). I spent 2 and a half months there (one week at a time). I spent four weeks there (one three day weekend at a time). I've spent a significant time in the land of Saget. I love that little piece of Americana. I went on staff with Young Life after a month spent at a camp called Rockbridge (in Lexington, Va. - yes, the one and the same)

Why would you not go to the land that young Robert spent his formative years. I know, I know, he was born in Philly and graduated H.S. and college in Philly...but he started dating, learned to drive, and started shaving in Rockbridge County.

I don't want to talk about fate, destiny, kismet...I'm just saying that I feel a special bond with Sags because of our common bond of Rockbridge. I just wonder what else we have in common?
I'll always love that bridge.

5 comments:

  1. You are intimately aware that his initials are B.S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot think of any month we spent in Rockbridge, without picturing that sweet RV you lived in. That thing was da bomb. Just think if you had taken one Annie out on a date in that thing, where you two would be today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. not to get weird and sentimental - but you talking about the bridge sorta hurts my heart and i feel like it might hurt more this summer when im not there

    issues? yes. did you have them last summer on your frist non-camp summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this made me laugh out loud for about five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:44 PM

    Actually my uncle worked in a grocery store with him in Philly. Speaking of Philly, any of your readers up for the Cheesesteak Challenge? CBB

    ReplyDelete