Thursday, December 18, 2008

Golf anyone?

Just received a gift from my partners at the golf range.

Oh sure, I own a golf range.  It's not all mine, I have a few partner.  I've never met them and don't really know any of their names...but I own a stake in a driving range in Dublin, Ohio.  Grandpa gave it to me years ago because I'm the single greatest grandson you'd ever want to have....or maybe he was just one of the all time great grandpas...  I've had the stock for a decade or so and it's paid me about 2-4% a year on the investment.

Not so great.  Typically I get a year end letter letting me know about all the problems we've had and why next year will be better.  It never is.  Who can complain about a random check coming in the mail at the end of the year though?

...and so now I got an early Christmas gift from Grandpa...

Thanks Grandpa.  I'll slice a few drives for you...

1 comment:

  1. I'm just surprised that Christmas present didn't come in a shoebox. I know the "tradition" was to find the "paper" present in the ole size 10 footjoy box...to this day, if I see a shoebox, I'm hoping instead of a pair of shoes, I find something that fits in my wallet.

    Cheers to my folks and your Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete