Thursday, December 07, 2006

the best


Yesterday when I was walking through the atrium of the church - Annie, Liz, Jana, Griffin, Parker and Cooper came down the steps.

For the first time in his life, Cooper yelled "dadda!" and ran and gave my legs a hug.

He's smiled when I've come home. He runs to me often. He's said "dadda" on occasion...

This was just a little different...a little better.

I know that people often wonder why God would allow people the choice of following and loving Him or choosing to not be with Him.

I believe that He doesn't want robots. I've seen the difference between Griffin running into the arms of someone and giving them a big 'ol six year old hug...and when he's told to go give everyone a hug and he just goes through the motions.

When my little boy got so excited to see me...and ran to me....that was the best. He's not a robot - he just loves his daddy.

He chooses to. For me that's just the way I want it.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:52 AM

    Yeah, I keep waiting for my little nephew Sean or Brian to run full-speed at me and...no, wait. My medicare benefits haven't quite kicked in yet.
    Never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not to trifle about theological minutia, but...

    would he run toward you like that if you hadn't first initiated the relationship?

    isn't he responding more than choosing?

    i'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of theological minutia...

    Would he have run to you like that if you weren't holding a giant chocolate milkshake. Cause if you were holding a giant chocolate milkshake, I'd run to you and hug your man legs out of extreme devotion and simple love too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember the last time i was over cooper ran to me and yelled, "wes! where have you been my whole life?!" then he gave me a big hug. it made me feel pretty good. i'm glad he's starting to warm up to you now too.

    good post. even being a tulip lover i still believe God allows us a choice.

    ReplyDelete