Monday, October 30, 2006

Mr. Fix Everything


I was watching House this morning (on my DVR from the House-a-thon) and at some point the four doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with the patient.

Keep in mind - every episode starts with an obvious problem that House doesn't want to deal with. He then figures out that things aren't quite what they appear to be, he takes the case, guesses wrong, insults people and then right before they do a major procedure he storms in, gives the patient some sort of shot, everybody yells, "what are you doing? that will kill them!" and then the patient gets better.

Anyhow, I was watching the show and I caught myself trying to figure out the problem.

Here is my medical expertise.
1. You should ice most things that hurt.
2. People tend tend to put heat on things because it might feel better, but it's often making things worse (see rule #1)
3. Aspirin fixes just about everything.
4. you should apply pressure to whatever is bleeding

The patient on the show I was watching had the black plague. I seriously tried to figure out the problem while watching...

I have a problem. You know how when you're 22 you feel like you have the answer to every problem? Every person that's been around longer, has a little wisdom, and disagrees with you just doesn't get it? Everything is black and white?

I still think that way...often.

I can't solve every problem, and that sort of bugs me. I don't know everything, and that drives me nuts.

I can't stop.

4 comments:

  1. I will destroy you in ping pong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:56 PM

    Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. knowing you don't know all the answers shows how smart you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:29 AM

    but house is still worth watching, every single week.

    ReplyDelete