Thursday, October 05, 2006

breakfast with the boys


I'll be sitting down to breakfast with the fellas in about 20 minutes. Breakfast out for me is hard because I can't eat red meat, pork, anything fried, dairy, caffeine...and a few other things (think anything delicious)

So I might be sitting there chomping on a bowl of fruit while they carve up some bacon, sausage, hash browns and coffee. I'll be there an hour before work denying myself of all that is good...and it's worth it.

It's worth it to me to meet with these guys once a week and have them share their lives with me. It's worth it to me to be completely honest with them and lay out all my garbage. It's worth it to me to sit and listen to their advice.

Getting up early, eating old grapes and having to talk about real stuff is worth it. It just is.

I've lived out the alternative. I'd rather live my life invested in others and knowing that they're invested in my life.

It's not so bad...

3 comments:

  1. Murph,

    Either you're trying to lose weight, or your doctor is a jerk. Either way, I'm sorry that old grapes is the best it gets...

    However, I'm with you man. It's funny how these posts coincide, but just last night I was thinking about how valuable those early morning conversations about the big stuff are...

    What do you ya'll talk about while you squish down a few old grapes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am such a fan of who you are sean micheal murphy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin,
    mostly we talk about you...and occasionally the stuff we're struggling with, seeing happen in our lives and the lives around us, our families, the great stuff that we get to be a part of, Seek stealing all of the good people, and then you again.

    Carl,
    I think you're pretty darn cool yourself

    ReplyDelete