Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Facebook

I'm exploring Facebook today.
I'm giving it fifteen minutes.  I have an account and even some Facebook "Friends" but I still haven't figured out what all the fuss is about.

Young Stevie Joe refered to it as the "Blue Hole" inferring that it was a time waster...so that's what I'm going to do today.....that's what Tuesdays are for, right?  I figure I'll skip one of my smoke breaks and really give it a whirl. (Do people still get those?  If so, are they fifteen minutes?  If so, what about gum or diet dr. pepper breaks?)  Maybe I'll just do it this morning before my meetings start stacking up.

I have people tell me random things about random people all the time and I typically answer with, "How do you ever see him? or How would you know that?"
The answer is always the same - "My friend Facebook.  You should really join the '90's Sean"

My twitter account @ylmurph automatically sends my tweets to Facebook and makes it look like I'm updating a few times a day - but that's all a lie.  On a side note - @churchpunk is teaching me the ways of twitpic at lunch today.  Seems like win/win/win. (friend, food & twitpic knowledge)

So today I become an explorer, and tomorrow I'll most likely wonder what all the fuss was about...

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to lunch. I can school you on Facebook too and show you how it doesn't have to be a time waster. It can be a very effective way of sharing, communicating, and connecting with others if you don't let curiosity get the best of you. Also, you can't catch the flu through Facebook yet, but your computer can get a virus.

    ReplyDelete