Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Straightening the place up a bit


"We have schedule planners, computerized calendars, and self-stick notes to help us organize our business and social lives every day. But what about organizing the other side of our lives - the spiritual side?"
-the back cover of the book "Ordering your private world"

So my question is - Can you organize your spiritual life - is that even possible?

I haven't vacuumed my eschatology in three weeks!

That's nothing, I haven't dusted my hermeneutics since last Spring!

(I know it's more than those things...I just think it's an interesting way to look at it. I read the book in the late 80's, but thanks to my awesome memory - it'll read like a brand new book)

Just sort of curious...

5 comments:

  1. I'm thinking one of those two self-observations should be on a bumper sticker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SOS week...you should be way too busy to blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:35 PM

    Hmm, this sounds like a cry for help from someone who's getting overwhelmed. Well, a muffled squeak for help anyway. I hope your offline friends help you out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, if that's the case, murph, i'll come over anytime and help you clean up your apologetics and wash and wax your soteriology. you could have just asked, no need to be ashamed.
    afterwards, do you mind going eschatology shopping with me? i just dropped mine and it broke into about 83 pieces. i wish i wasn't so clumsy.

    ReplyDelete