Saturday, June 24, 2006

middle of the night


I've been thinking about this day for awhile.

I've been working 13 hour days for a week - not seeing my mom who is in town, our three week old daughter, one year old son, 5 year old son or my cute little wife. I've been envisioning a day where I'd sleep, wake up to Griff jumping on my ear, and then heading off to go to a pirate party with the Murphy gang (our gang sign is the thumbs up and our gang color is sort of a muted navy blue)

I saw it as this perfect day of laughing with friends, and watching my kids run around. Perfect.

And then I woke up at 3 am. It felt like my head was in a vice and my nose was leaking anti-freeze. So I went downstairs to watch shows I'd taped on tivo (House, The Office, Letterman)and then onto the computer. Turns out the laptop wasn't in very workable shape and the PC downstairs is a handcrank that works when it wants to. (which wasn't today)

So what's a guy to do? Take some decongestants and dream of sleeping in and playing beans with some friends....that's what this guy wants to do. Maybe I'll just take some time to catch up on reading a good blog or two...

Saturday - Pirate Party (not the kind found in Pittsburgh, sadly) and being tired all day
Sunday - Nothing - Nada - Zilch - quick little orientation deal I'm in - back to nothing - nada
Monday - You're working? Bummer, I'll be playing motorcycle with Grif
Tuesday - More motorcycle with Grif, followed by peekaboo with Coop
Wednesday - lunch with the gang at work, and then back to the salt mines
Thursday - seriously? You want to know my entire week? What are you, a stalker?

3 comments:

  1. Hootie (and his Blowfish) played a free concert in Mechanicsburg the other week.


    Wish you could've been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What salt mines?
    Have you got another job?
    Why am I the last to hear?

    ReplyDelete