Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nick of Time

This isn't a review of the mid-90's Johnny Depp vehicle with Christopher Walken....but I dare you to find a motion picture with two of the greats that is equally as bad as that motion picture.

Nope - I just read the Kindle version of this Tim Downs novel.  Under the title it reads, "A Bug Man Novel".  I didn't see that when I selected this book.  I probably wouldn't have selected it...

It's nothing against bugs - or men for that matter - it's just that I'm generally not jumping on board anything with bugman in the title.

Having said that - this is a pretty solid book.  It reads sort of like the popular television series Bones plays out.  Part mystery - part forensic science - part romantic will they/won't they.

Here's the best thing I can say about the book.  I kept wondering if the main character was in other books.  It just read like one book in a series of books....and the kind of series I'd like to read.

That settles it, right?  If you want to read more books with this character then you obviously like the book...that just makes sense.

So there's a little bit of action - a little big of clever dialogue - a little bit of bug factoids - and in the end Bruce Willis was a ghost.

I'd give this book a looksy if I was picking out one or two vacation novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment