Friday, December 08, 2006

Day of blogging III


Sweet sweet Grenadine....how you've added to my life.

I used to order the diet cokes - and I've moved beyond that. I'm a new man...a new creation.

"Could I have a diet coke and have it made into a cherry diet coke?" I ask innocently. You can always tell the waiters who've been around a bit - "We could add a little grenadine to it sir" "Why that would be fantastic" and life just got three steps better.

"Isn't that a Shirley Temple?" I'm asked in hushed or mocking tones. "Absolutely not! A Shirley Temple is Seven Up and grenadine - this is Diet Coke and grenadine - totally different"

"but they're basically the same thing" "Um...the Seven Up is the Un-Cola. I'm ordering a cola - the very opposite of an Un-Cola. This could be described as more of an Un-Shirley Temple than even the drink you just ordered. It's the very antithesis of the Shirley Temple."

"Oh"

And life just got a little better...

6 comments:

  1. i've never met anyone before who has diet coke with grenadine...

    my friends always give me stern looks as if to say, "you can't order such a girly drink at buffalo wild wings."

    but i know i can.

    and now i know someone else does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the un-shirley temple is actually called the Drew Barrymore.

    Try ordering that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:21 PM

    Actually, its called a Roy Rogers.

    Do you really like the taste of diet pop? Ordering a diet pop and pouring a quarter cup of syrup in it doesn't make much sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 PM

    Actually, its called a Roy Rogers.

    Do you really like the taste of diet pop? Ordering a diet pop and pouring a quarter cup of syrup in it doesn't make much sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:50 PM

    Grenadine and cola, diet or otherwise is a Roy Rogers, Did ya know you can buy Diet Cherry Coke? It's the same thing, but without the added sugar from the Grenadine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the diet cherry coke. This is more a restaurant thing.

    I also like the taste of diet coke better than regular - so even if they dump a vat of sugary grenadine in - it's not cancelling out the diet part that would bug me - it's adding the deliciousness part...

    ReplyDelete