Monday, October 23, 2006

pics


You can now buy a digital camera with a built in slimming feature.

I wonder if friends would see a picture and say, "wow, you sure are fat in real life....but look at how great you look on film!"

I had an idea years ago for what I thought would be a great product. I wanted to produce day timers that already had the dates filled in. You'd have on Monday, "meeting about the Johnson account" and on Tuesdays, "finish the Marconi report and begin preliminary plans on the east coast range accounting"

This way any time someone asked you if you could meet with them, you'd pull out your daytimers and ask, "what day works for you?". As soon as they named a date, they'd see you flip to that on your calendar....only to say, "sorry, I'm in Buffalo watching my kids in some dance recital. I really wish I could make it"

This would solve people's need to look busy (ergo - important) and also get them out of meetings they don't want to attend. The best thing that could happen would be that you pull out your daytimer and say, "well on that date I've got this regional conference, but I'll get out of it and we can meet" You then make them feel important and you get extra credit for skipping something to meet with them.

Ultimately I decided that this was a fun idea, but about as deceitful and silly as a camera that took pictures of you the way you wish you were...and not how you actually are.

2 comments:

  1. oh you pesky little near-sighted buckeye fans... this is why I don't trash talk... it makes no sense and accomplishes nothing... is it you and I competing out on the field? if so, you can come at me with the verbals... but it's not. you and I have no control over the outcome... and years come and years go... there are years UM beats osu, and years osu beats UM... I can appreciate that the buckeyes are having a spectacular season... this should be their year. I (UM fan) would hope not, but can appreciate what they've put together. UM also has a fantastic team this year... do I think they are going to come in to the horse shoe and knock off osu? no, I do not. I will be beside myself with excitement if they do, but the buckeyes look unstoppable, but you can't build a dynasty in college athletics. Next year when osu's stars are gone, UM will have the same overall players... these roles could very well be reversed... In that case would I come to your blog and talk smack about something I have no control over? no. It would be futile. The buckeyes and Wolverines will always have strong programs... The buckeyes WILL loose to the Wolverines again... the Wolverines WILL loose to the buckeyes again... it's a fact of life. So talk all the trash you want my friend, because eating crow can be a tough pill to swallow... God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well said Wags...I actually agree with you. I just like to talk smack about a team that I'll never play for...

    ReplyDelete